The Queensland Shoulder Society promotes the pursuit of excellence in Shoulder surgery by:
- stimulating interest in the treatment of disorders of the shoulder for the benefit of the community
- promoting shoulder surgery research
- promoting improvement in the science of shoulder surgery
- encouraging the study and practice of the art and science of shoulder surgery
- forming associations with other organisations with similar aims
The Queensland Shoulder Society achieves these aims by organising evening scientific presentations given by guest speakers and by providing grants to support scientific research.